may - octCARAVAN Arts, curated by Janet Rady
A traveling exhibition of women artists from the Middle East to promote peace and shatter stereotypes.
May 3 - Jun 14, 2017: National Gallery of Fine Arts, Amman Jordan
Jul 3 - Aug 20, 2017: St Martin-in-the-Fields, London England
Sep 5 - Oct 22, 2017: Katzen Arts Center, Washington D.C.
apr 4 - may 27Angela Meleca Gallery, Columbus OH
Opening reception: Thursday April 6, 6-8pm
mar 29 - apr 2Pictura Gallery at AIPAD, Pier 94, New York City NY
Opening Reception: Wednesday March 29, 5-9pm
jan-aprThe Gund Gallery at Kenyon College, Gambier OH
Talks & Panel Discussions
- As a Mellon artist-in-residence, Rania will give a talk on April 4 at 4pm, On Streets, Within Rooms & Beyond Walls at The Gund Gallery at Kenyon College, Gambier OH
News & Events
- Rania was included as one of 10 Remarkable Photographers to Discover at This Year's AIPAD Fair, ArtNet, March 30, 2017
- Rania received the YIELD Award Nomination, Snite Museum of Art Purchase Award, nominated by Barbara Tannenbaum, Curator of Photography, Cleveland Museum of Art
- L'Enfant Femme was selected as a Notable Book of 2016 by PDN Magazine and a Staff Pick by The Christian Science Monitor Weekly
- MARIE CLAIRE, France featured Rania's L'Enfant-Femme portfolio, Au lendemain de l'enfance, December 2016
- Hyperallergic interviewed Rania in Looking at the Invisible Children Growing Up as Refugees, October 4, 2016
- Rania Matar is teaming up with Richard Levy Gallery to offer a limited edition benefit print to help Syrian refugee kids in Lebanon through the Karam Foundation. ALL proceeds are donated.
- For the 40th anniversary celebrations of the Massachusetts Cultural Council Fellowship Awards, the MCC interviewed Rania Matar in her Brookline studio